With unique multi-ethnic culture that has its roots in Europe and Asia, the island country Singapore is superb destination for families to spend vacations. Located exactly to the north of Equator, this country is hot and humid throughout the year. So, weather will not be much of a problem (except regular rainfalls throughout the year) if you are planning to visit this winter.
Here are some attractions in Singapore, which attract visitors over and again to come and enjoy:
- National Museum of Singapore: The museum is housed in Colonial old building. The audio guides installed in the museum attract kids majorly. These guides explain the exhibits through entertaining anecdotes. The food and fashion of Singapore are displayed here and the interactive exhibits seems more than fascinating to kids. Children above seven years of age are allowed to enter.
- Underwater world Sentosa: This is an aquarium which has more than 2500 marine animals from all over the world. There is a petting area where you can feed and touch the aquatic life. The main feature of this aquarium is a circular walkway that takes you through the tunnel of sea animals. Children and adults can spend quality time in this paradise.
- Science centre: With 20,000 square meters indoor and outdoor space, this science museum has a lot of things to engage you and your kids. There is a virtual display of solar system which tells a lot of things about the universe. Then there is a water park where while performing water experiments children can play as well. For foodoholics there is a McDonalds on the premises, that serves you with mouth watering delicacies.
- River cruise:You can enjoy your maiden voyage on the bumboats representing old age ships which were used to transport cargo to warehouses. While sailing through the outlines of beautiful waters you can enjoy the historical stories of Singapore narrated by your guide.
- Singapore flyer:One of the most fascinating landmarks of Singapore is the giant ferries wheel located in Singapore. It 42 stories and 165 meters height makes it the tallest Ferris wheel in the world. Night time is the best time to visit the giant wheel when it is decorated.
Singapore Zoo: This zoological park has many animals like hippos and white tigers. You can take a map and review all the timings of feeding and shows and enjoy to the fullest. The park has many restaurants that offer variety of cuisines at very reasonable prices.
Though you can visit Singapore anytime in the year due to its tropical climate but it would be more fun if you will coordinate your visit with some festival like Thaipusam.